EDWISE  - EDITOR AND EDUCATION CONSULTANT
My Blog

Just Peace-November

November begins the reflective year-end time for me. My birthday in mid-December is approaching and soon after that the conclusion of the calendar year. It is a reflective period for me--a time to assess what I have been doing and where I'm heading. I am gearing up to do that and review and reset my goals.

In this part of the world, the weather gets dark, cold and rainy in November. It can be downright gloomy. Like other people, I usually feel blue in November.

The autumn and winter of this region is not like the rainy seasons of the tropics or deserts; rather, heavy rain commences and goes on and on for weeks. Wind storms may rev up during them, too. Also, the day light shrinks. Sunset begins just after four in the afternoon these days, to give you an idea of the darkness. People turn on the lights inside their homes and workplaces during the day.

No wonder the number of deaths and the rate of illness increase in November in the northern hemisphere far above the Tropic of Cancer. Indeed, the season prompts thoughts of death and the dead. Many countries have special ceremonies and traditions to visit graves, remember and honour the ancestors in North America and Europe. There are many articles, radio discussions and TV programs about them. Moreover, we have Hallowe'en, France its Mummers processions and Mexico has the Day of the Dead. It is the time to honour the victims of war and pay homage to soldiers and civilians killed in wars.

One has to brace oneself and get ready to fight off the gloom. One has to be prepared. One has to take vitamin D supplements, schedule exercise and social activities, plan some fine meals so as not to sink into a mire of despair. It's a time when people here start thinking of flying away to somewhere warm and sunny. Several people I know have already begun winter vacationing, actually.

As for me this autumn, the blues came early and they hit me hard. Seriously. By the start of November, I was steeped in sadness. Tears threatened all day long. I was starting to think I should see a doctor about it.

Probably, the recent news of the death of a friend overseas affected me. Also, November is a time when both my parents, in different years, passed away. Perhaps a recent family gathering evoked sadness related to them and other family tragedies. Plus, this Remembrance Day, on the anniversary of the World War One Armistice, was a much bigger deal because it was the 100th anniversary and I was involved in an activity recalling it.

But the dark clouds lifted from my life and light shone through after a couple of weeks. I feel fine now, despite the rains and darkness outside.

When I think back over the past year, I am amazed at how peaceful I have felt most of the time, despite a couple of big setbacks. I remember moments when I was home and waves of serenity engulfed me. I felt perfectly in tune and content on several occasions.

It is good to have reached a point in life when many issues have been resolved and a person knows what is going on inside them, who they are and what they want. That in itself is a great accomplishment, I think.

There are signs that I am on the right path, despite moments of doubt and confusion and times when things do not appear to be working out. Look at my work situation, for instance. Employment teaching has not worked out recently, but I am engaged in some self-employment and I have some income support. One of my income-generating activities is a bit of paid writing. The company contract writers to research and write short assignments for clients. From the lists of jobs I've seen, I have chosen a couple of projects writing about psychology lately. I thus find myself writing about narcissistic mothers and their daughters this week. I have become more conscious of my own mother's symptoms of narcissism and the effects on me while writing this work. It was serendipitous. Interesting that I ended up writing about this topic on the anniversary of her death, November 16! When I realized the connection with my life, I thought it might get me down to be writing on this subject, but it has not. I feel fine and I am able to write about it and reflect on my own experiences calmly. I am at peace with all the stuff around my experience with my mother.

I feel there is a lesson in this situation. I am supposed to be thinking about these things, perhaps.

I will say more about my progress and begin the year's assessment soon. Stay tuned.

By the way, I have booked my own little sunny holiday for Christmas. Trying to let myself enjoy it. Fending off guilt and second thoughts.

28 Comments to Just Peace-November:

Comments RSS
bodinepottery.com on November 22, 2018 8:01 PM
Extreme tension are always hurt you because you are in pressure and it always stressful. I suggest you do some exercise on daily basis.

Jason Bravo on December 11, 2018 1:11 PM
I am glad to read about ay baba g here.

essay writer on December 25, 2018 11:46 PM
Just peace, great seasonal topics and finding the great workplace for respective college methods as well. Supplements and following the great teaching skills and increased the content based methods.

v on February 8, 2019 10:49 PM
v

resume writing services online on February 18, 2019 9:40 PM
November is a month of the year to remember our loved ones who passed away. This is a time where we gather and go to the cemetery and pray for my Grandmother's soul in heaven. Losing someone you truly love is the painful feeling a person can experience. I love my Grandmother's so much that it breaks me when she passed away. But, I know that she is happy now in the heaven because she will experience the painful feeling of her sickness.

CBD Tinctures on March 15, 2019 8:49 PM
CBD and hemp oil online shopping. CBD and hemp oil products for sale online. Shop for CBD and hemp oil now!

picbear on July 31, 2019 3:32 PM
Useful information you share about the black dots on door seal. This information will be helpful for all and everyone, Thanks for making this post.

Court Marriage in Faisalabad on October 17, 2019 10:42 PM

law books pakistan on October 17, 2019 10:42 PM

law of pakistan in urdu on October 17, 2019 10:42 PM

list of laws in pakistan on October 17, 2019 10:43 PM

pakistan law site on October 17, 2019 10:43 PM

buy old gmail accounts web on October 30, 2019 3:32 AM
When I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment. Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service? Thank you!

Useless Websites on February 6, 2020 1:54 PM
Just Peace-November Useless Websites

small tattoos on April 4, 2020 6:53 PM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos

redguard names eso on May 27, 2020 8:40 PM
Around the beginning of the Fourth Era when the Empire denoted the amicability deal with the Aldmeri Dominion to end the Great War, Redguards were unsatisfied with this decision. They continued contradicting Thalmor - the Aldmeri Dominion powers. To spare amicability, the Empire chose to broadcast the self-rule of Hammerfell.

GET WEBSITE TRAFFIC on June 20, 2020 12:57 PM
Hello Admin, YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: edwise2008.com My name is Josie Autry, and I'm a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get: - visitors from search engines - visitors from social media - visitors from any country you want - very low bounce rate & long visit duration CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST => https://bit.ly/3gqLEoE Do not forget to read Review to convince you, is already being tested by many people who have trusted it !! Just Peace-November

Leslie Barnhill on July 17, 2020 7:48 PM
The best SEO & Most Powerful link building software for your business. I just checked out your website edwise2008.com and wanted to find out if you need help for SEO Link Building ? If you aren't using SEO Software then you will know the amount of work load involved in creating accounts, confirming emails and submitting your contents to thousands of websites. With THIS SOFTWARE the link submission process will be the easiest task and completely automated, you will be able to build unlimited number of links and increase traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, We offer you 7 days free trial => https://bit.ly/2ZPZrOn

Chiquita McLellan on August 10, 2020 1:45 AM
YOU NEED FAST PROXY SERVERS ? Check it out this Anonymous and Private Proxy Servers. HTTP & SOCKS5 Proxy supported. IP Authentication or Password Authentication available. HERE: https://bit.ly/3ifZkmL

Fernando Montero on August 12, 2020 1:47 AM
YOU NEED POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS THAT BUY FROM YOU ? I’m talking about a better promotion method than all that exists on the market right now, even better than email marketing. Just like you received this message from me, this is exactly how you can promote your business or product. Do you want more details or do you want to receive a TEST ? CHECK HERE=> https://bit.ly/Good_Promotion

Darnell Sadleir on August 24, 2020 10:48 AM
You tried ways to lose weight but all failed ? You might have tried so many ways to lose weight but all failed. However, what you are about to see now is totally life changing, easy to do and produces results within days. Do not miss out on this opportunity!!! See here: https://bit.ly/2QjcdQQ

Keisha O'Meara on August 29, 2020 10:13 AM
BEST PROGRAM FOR ADVERTISEMENT! XRumer is the best program for advertisement! It's have CAPTCHA recognizer, email verificator, and a lot of other functions... This software will help to increase traffic to website to hundreds, thousands times. Program have a rich seven year history, which use experience of professionals in search engine optimization. Appreciate and use a truly unique and powerful XRumer program, can both professionals and beginners. MORE INFO=> https://bit.ly/39RzWR4

Eric Clapton on October 15, 2020 1:06 PM
Seems you are doing everything in a very systematic way. It is really very good actually. Thanks for sharing. We offer best quality celebrity jackets

Blossom on October 24, 2020 2:24 AM
I have just visited your website is really informative for everyone. I am thankful to you for such type of worthy and valuable info. Keep sharing best stuff in future. mobile on installments for buy

Thani on October 24, 2020 3:13 AM
Awesome post! We are connecting to this incredible post on our website. Keep up the extraordinary composition. Brazil Coronavirus Online

Jenny on October 24, 2020 7:56 PM
I know that this post give me the great knowledge. I am really very thankful for this. Social media marketing online in pakistan

Winget on October 24, 2020 10:49 PM
Wonderful content with amazing content, This post was very well written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts that is useful in our life. sewing machine online shopping offers

William on October 25, 2020 2:31 AM
This site is full of valuable ideas and significant information which we can share to our family and friends, thanks to the site administrator you really did a great job best ebook writer