EDWISE  - EDITOR AND EDUCATION CONSULTANT
My Blog

Transition-another big day

After a three-week search and pounding pavement, I signed the lease on a one-bedroom apartment last night. I am please with my catch, considering the bloated market in this area. I turned down some inferior places, held out for the best among the available and got a decent, properly managed and good-sized rental at a fair market price.

Started updating my address and planning the move right away. Van-check. Moving company-they're working on it. Internet and TV cable, with new large-screen TV-check. Banks, insurance company, taxation offices notified-check.

Housemate P was raging again this morning, pounding on my door heavily and repeatedly and calling me all sorts of nasty names. This time he made a verbal threat, so I called the police--second call to them and this time they responded, albeit late, well after he had left. The spoke to me, custodian, P's girlfriend at the house then to P over the phone. His version of the scene was different; big surprise. I did turn off the dryer when he started it running at 6:30 a.m., which pissed him off more after he couldn't find part of his blender. Gee, wonder where that item when. You see, as part of his strategy of maintaining rule over the upper floor by intimidation and nuisance behavior, he has gotten into the habit getting up to mess around the kitchen and do early quite often early in the morning, even though there is little actual need for him to make disturbances at those times. He has a whole day to do laundry and has been around during afternoons on days when he has started a washing so early. Also, he doesn't often go out in the mornings--so why wash dishes, clang pots and pans, run machines and all at an inappropriate hour? It is just to be first up and claim space against other members of the household. He is generally base and crude, prone to anger and frustration. Apparently, he is venting those feelings caused by employment problems on me. Actually, the first time I called police was after he behaved in such a mean way around the end of March. He later apologized, even shook my hand, admitted he had been way out of line and explained that he had been upset at losing a job. This time, he admitted to police that he had gotten out of hand because he was late for work. As I suspected, more work troubles have been brewing, making him angry again. As the next apartment is unoccupied, I am inquiring as to whether I'll have permission to move in a little early. Anyway, there is a complaint on the record now.

On a higher note, today I finished reviewing the quality of English of a manuscript, a whole novel, in fact! An important development in my business prospects. There was a second on the same day! An old political friend contacted me. After catching up and discussing the state of the world, she shared a business proposal. I am to view and give feedback on a proposed English language teaching software program. No immediate reward will spring out of that activity, but there is a possibility of paid work down the road, should the marketing surveying give positive results.

As a final note, I will add that I am over a sore throat. It started on Saturday, three days ago, and made me bed-ridden and without an appetite for two days. The throat problem lingered all day yesterday, but cleared up by this morning.

20 Comments to Transition-another big day:

Comments RSS
www.essayhelperuk.co.uk on August-15-17 2:52 PM
It is in point of fact a nice and useful piece of information. I'm satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.Thanks for sharing

embroidered patch maker on December-22-17 6:24 PM
There are a few things to know while deciding custom patches estimating.

best camping tents 2018 on January-19-18 7:01 PM
Searching for a rad outdoors tent? Read this survey to find the best outdoors tents of 2017 - so you invest more energy outdoors and less time shopping!

top medical colleges in india on January-29-18 6:03 PM
Top Medical colleges in India - Careers360 brings list of best Medical colleges ranking based on academic productivity and extensive research parameters.

VideoShow APK on February-12-18 8:46 PM
برنامج اخراج ومونتاج الفيديو للاندرويد الذي يحتوي على اطنان من الفلاتر والمميزات لتحويل فيلمك إلى تحفه فنيه رائعه تذهل بها الاهل والاصحاب والمتابعين

embroidery digitizing in UK on February-22-18 9:01 AM
For best embroidery digitizing in UK visit Quality Punch!

American Made (2017) on February-22-18 8:48 PM
Tom Cruise, Domhnall Gleeson, Sarah Wright, Jesse Plemons DESC: The story of Barry Seal, an American pilot who became a drug-runner for the CIA in the 1980s in a clandestine operation that would be exposed as the Iran-Contra Affair.American man

Best Greetings Quotes on May-01-18 4:25 PM
Gain specifically from rehearsing drug specialists, take up an examination venture, and further your insight with one of four energizing electives.

ibps on July-07-18 7:04 PM
Latest Government Jobs 2018 announced and updated on this page.Candidates can apply for this Govt Job vacancy in online or postal.

online PAN card applications on July-07-18 10:49 PM
Know how to apply for a Pan card, apply for a Reprint of Duplicate or Lost or Damaged pan card, apply for a Changes or Corrections in pan card details.

Eaadhar download on August-04-18 2:58 PM
I need to thank you for obliging data and I like your perspective vistor in addition like this.

check here on August-14-18 1:32 PM
Notwithstanding a few producers not making guaranteed good forms of Android, a few makers have chosen to package their own application stores, either notwithstanding the Play Store or as a substitution

Imo for PC Download on September-07-18 8:08 PM
Standard post, stay aware of this enrapturing work. It genuinely regards value that this subject is being anchored additionally on this site so cheers for setting aside opportunity to talk about this!

https://www.ikrogerfeedback.info/ on September-07-18 8:32 PM
Taking the study takes only a couple of minutes, yet once you finish it you will be compensated with a contestants number which will consequently be added

free download windows 10 iso file on September-08-18 7:39 PM
The Windows UI was overhauled to deal with advances between a mouse-situated interface and a touchscreen-upgraded interface in view of accessible info devices particularly on 2-in-1 PCs, the two interfaces incorporate a refreshed Start menu which fuses components of Windows 7's conventional Start menu with the tiles of Windows 8.

Panda Helper App on September-09-18 4:11 PM
Much thankfulness to you for sharing us such an immeasurable information.

192.168.0.1 on September-18-18 10:49 AM
I was searching for after down something like this ,Thank you for posting the mammoth substance… … I recognized that it was peaceful captivating.

Download TVTAP on September-19-18 6:46 PM
TVTAP works is straightforward when you open the application, you'll locate a rich and basic interface with a rundown of TV channels and the logo of each channel.

Mattress Cleaning Services on September-20-18 12:50 PM
Is your mattress making you feel somewhat dirty then we guess it needs to get cleaned up? But at the same time cleaning a mattress is a huge task and cant done all by own. SKT cleaning services will help you in getting your mattress cleaned like spotless. Try our Mattress Cleaning Services and enjoy the budget free rates. Visit us at www.sktcleaning.ae and our team will reach you out in next possible hours. For more information, you can live chat with us too.

fedora packages on September-20-18 6:32 PM
The Package is an American dim comic show motion picture composed by Jake Szymanski from a screenplay by Kevin Burrows and Matt Mider