My Blog

A Year of Living Positively-Day 314

I did a full workout this morning and had a full day at work. I was bored at home, so I went to work earlier than I had originally envisioned. Actually, I got a lot done and visited the campus festival too.
First, I went to the post office to send off a payment on the short term loan I took in order to buy the property last month. I must wire over the funds to cover it early next week, by the way.
Then I went to the gym where it was almost deserted except for one other client. I did the program three treadmill routine without faltering for the first time. It takes the pace up to level 12; that’s in contrast with the old routine (program two) that only went up to level eight. I had to reduce the top speed and hang on fiercely he first few times I tried program three; that is, until today.
I felt fine after that workout. At night, just lounging around in bed before sleeping, I felt a tight groin muscle seize up a bit. I think it is from dehydration, even though a rain is coming on.
I met a colleague to plan a co-presentation for our KOTESOL Chapter meeting in November. We are going to talk about the history of English teachers from abroad and the evolution of that community, the city and English teaching in Busan in the past 20 years. The colleague has been living and working here in Korea since 1995, and he is a media expert who can contribute a lot to the presentation. I’ll just talk about employment issues, support networks and professional development.
With time to spare, I strolled around the festival grounds at the sports field this afternoon before the program got started for the evening, then again during the evening festivities. It was nothing special. Contrary to what rumours some students were spreading, though, there was plenty of food as well as a beer booth. Thankfully, there were no alcoholic beverages companies at the festival this year. I bought a virgin “cocktail” and a plate of fried potatoes and a chicken pita bread wrap from two student associations. The student associations (by department) and clubs earn money for their activities throughout the year this way, so I did not mind helping them out. While observing what was transpiring on stage in the evening, there was a contest for group musical choreographies with a professional MC trying to build enthusiasm, but individual contestants were too shy. I went to the concert after my class around eight o’clock but left within an hour. Running into some of my current students, some reported that they thought the festival was not much fun.
My class went really well. It was the last day of student presentations, so I’ll have to do all the presenting for the remainder of this course, which is another six weeks. If I can find any, I hope to bring in guest presenters to the class and play videos on education. We “walked through” the calendar and decided on project deadlines and the final exam date. There will also be two or three more quizzes and I wrote the final version of the next quiz this afternoon, which will free me up next week.

In addition, I used the extra time today to plan lessons for the next two weeks. I worked out the next assignments for the undergraduate courses in composition and conversation, and even wrote up instructions for one of them. As usual, it feels satisfying to have gotten some of that work out of the way early, especially in this particular period while many instructors are still marking and grading midterm exams.

0 Comments to A Year of Living Positively-Day 314:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment

Recent Posts

Just Peace -media on Venezuela
Just Peace- Venezuela President
Just Peace-Indigenous Rights
Just Peace-Review of 2018
Just Peace - stuff


communication and living
communication, living, positive thinking
journal writing
just peace
late career development
new poetry
social justice and change
powered by

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint