My Blog

A Year of Living Positively-Day 280

I am afraid that I woke up full of anxiety this morning. You see, I was so wound up after that busy long day yesterday, that I slept poorly and felt odd this morning. I was especially peeved at this predicament because I had agreed to stay longer and provide some special oral testing to government staff tonight, which made for a very long day. Somehow, I stumbled through it.

I had an extra task to take care of. Wanting to give them ample notice, and aware that it would take time for the group to look at and discuss the preparations for the activists' meeting, I wrote up an agenda and forwarded some reports to the Korean peace group. They replied and I am happy to say that they will participate in our discussion in Seoul on the third of the next month. It was not a good day for it. I tried to be careful, so I hope the message was well organized and complete.

Unfortunately, I carried the grumpiness into my eleven o'clock class. I snapped a few times. I was also impatient because of the feeble effort at performing oral presentations today. Everyone balked and I had to push to get it happening, which irritated me. Also, someone brought a friend into the classroom, which I had wanted to tolerate but turned out to be a bad idea for that particular class period. She got the signal and left, leaving behind some embarrassment and discomfort on the part of both me and the student who had invited her. I patched things up and got back on track. I think the day was saved. I listened and rated the students. Many were absent; they had failed to tell me there was a special event that day after I scheduled the presentations for this day, which also irritated me. However, I carried on and gave a lesson in the second part of the period.

I was grateful I had a lunch period between classes. Since I have not spoken with Y for a few days, I looked for her. Knowing that she had a lunch break at the same I do on Fridays, I went by her office and found her in. She agreed after I offered to treat her. We had a pleasant time over some decent food except for the strange ramen soup. Anyway, the lunch together with a colleague gave me time to switch gears and regroup for the afternoon's responsibilities.

The afternoon class went much better. It must be said that this group is much more enthusiastic and hard working with respect to studies in English. They all completed their presentations, except one, and they did a super job at it. I was very pleased. 

I don't know how I got through it, but the examinations that evening went smoothly and fairly quickly. I had to wait until seven-fifteen, so I grabbed lunch--some noodles and fried rice with Chinese style bean sauce-and got some marking done. I had not thought I would be able to do it, but I was able to mark all the presentation scripts before the testing began. I even got a start on marking some writing from the Wednesday night composition class.

0 Comments to A Year of Living Positively-Day 280:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment

Recent Posts

Just Peace-unjust employer
Just Peace-no sanctions vs Venezuela
Just Peace - tax letter
Just Peace - letter to friends
Just Peace - full time work


communication and living
communication, living, positive thinking
journal writing
just peace
late career development
new poetry
social justice and change
powered by

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint