My Blog

A Year of Living Positively -Day 110

Finally, a little free time when I had enough energy to get out and around. Though I did not sleep until well after midnight, and awoke at least three times in the early hours of today, I fell back to sleep until almost eight o’clock. I therefore felt adequately rested. I went to campus in time to buy and eat a muffin at the café on the main floor in the specialized education building where I teach those civic employees before meeting the class.
We launched into a new theme today, with a compelling talk by one John Kasaono of Namibia, a conservationist who talked about how the system of conservancies developed in his country and helped to raise the numbers of several threatened animals. I think they liked this talk, for the participants asked to hear it an extra time. In the second hour, they held their discussions about this topic outside while sitting on picnic tables on the campus plaza. Being outdoors tempted them to discuss other things. As they have information about their English immersion trip to California and detailed planning is under way, they were distracted by the need to settle a question regarding their trip itinerary. The class is divided equally in terms of gender, and the guys have a different idea of traveling than do the prissy and conservative women who are seeking the safest and most comfortable urban experience possible.
I have to do an evaluation report on these students this week, and I am thinking about the dull atmosphere and conservative “ho-hum” attitude of many of these people. I am wondering how much to say about that, if anything at all.
Anyway, I picked up my resident card, at last. I found that it had not been remade or reissued; rather, they had simply stamped the back of the same old card. That leads me to believe that the officer who handled this renewal was just harassing me by making me surrender the card, or she was very inexperienced and not allowed to stamp cards (for she did fumble around a bit) or she just was mistaken about what should have been done and wasted my time for nothing.
I found somewhere to get a quick bite to eat before heading to the Sajik swimming hole. Though there were lessons going on, and children around, the free swimming lanes were not as crowded as the previous times I went there. I got into the pool around three o’clock and finished the workout 30 minutes later. I think I must have swum 700 or 800 meters this time. It felt good to take my time giving myself a full wash and shave after the swim.
Because it offers such a wide variety of goods and often at fabulous sale prices, I dropped into the Homeplus super(-duper) market before taking a bus home. I wanted to replenish the supply of snack food in the office, and look for soups and such for convenient but nutritious lunches on work days.
The wifi access at home is sputtering right now, so I am not sure how soon I will be able to post this on the blog site. I did manage to straighten things out and get the posts in order and up to date this morning, however.

One of my next tasks must be to get an internet contract for the apartment. It is long overdue.

0 Comments to A Year of Living Positively -Day 110:

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment

Recent Posts

online experience
Hiroshima Day and webinars
Hiroshima Day 2020


communication and living
communication, living, positive thinking
journal writing
just peace
late career development
new poetry
social justice and change
powered by

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint