EDWISE  - EDITOR AND EDUCATION CONSULTANT
My Blog

Transition - Positive Spin

From one angle, people might think I am not doing very well. Returning to my home province after a decade's absence, I have neither a full-time job nor steady self-employment after five months here, and I am still rooming in temporary, shared lodgings.

On the other hand, let's be positive and realistic by examining signs of my progress.

1.While I haven't been writing much, not even this blog, my website has had over 168,000 views, around 167,000 having accumulated since I started this blog around the start of 2014. Furthermore, I still get good feedback on the blog; just got another encouraging comment yesterday, as a matter of fact. This success is due to the work in developing my website as well as my ever-improving writing.

2.Despite the lack of creative writing and publishing on my part, I have nonetheless done some writing projects or  projects related to my Edwise business profile: they include being employed by an after-school academy to teach reading and writing, proofreading a company's welcome letter, submitting a news article for that same company's newsletter, preparing a free ad in a realtor's national newsletter, writing a community event programme, completing service application forms for a disabled couple, and getting entry-level work for a newspaper (delivery). To add, I am standing by to proofread a leaflet for a public event. Also, a friend contacted me to say they have me in mind for some teaching-related job, while last week another academy interviewed me to tutor English as of next month. As for my current employment, I got a wage increase for doing my main teaching job. Aside from actual employment, I have been receiving benefits/ favours in return for doing free work, benefits such as the promotion of my business without paying fees. I should also comment that I have been gradually extending the publicity of my business by means of some mail-outs and leafleting.

3.Problems have borne some beneficial results. For example, requests from a disabled couple, who are my relatives, for assistance in making travel plans have been fruitful in that it has given me several opportunities to talk with one of my brothers because of his role as the couple's financial authority. It has also helped us to understand the current status of our sibling and design some arrangements to assist he and his wife further in the future. As another example, an incident wherein I got impatient and irritable at my teaching job resulted in better wages and working conditions for me after co-workers adjusted and understood the source of the problem.

4. On the topic of finances, I have kept some money coming in and avoided chiseling much away at my precious nest egg. I sold gold pieces when the price was high and made a little money that way. I do need to show more income in order to be considered as a tenant elsewhere or a mortgagee candidate. I am constantly work on that issue while trying to control my expenses on various ways.

5. I am enjoying life despite brief moments of frustration and itchiness. I have reconnected with long time political associates and friends, and have some involvement now. I am singing. I continue to enjoy the comforts, food, scenery and companionship in this city, the pace of my birth. Friends are getting in touch with me. One has who lives outside the BC Lower Mainland invited me to visit this summer. Then there is the one who has me in mind for some kind of paid work.

6 Comments to Transition - Positive Spin:

Comments RSS
Oliveira on June-08-17 3:44 AM
Eu gostaria de saber mais ? Eu gostaria de algumas informaÁıes adicionais.
Reply to comment

Write an Essay For Me on July-11-17 7:13 PM
With respect to my present work, I search out a remuneration increment for responsibility my fundamental educating work. I comprise be step by step expanding the exposure of my production by methods for several junk mail outs and leafleting.
Reply to comment

Magee on July-17-17 1:27 PM
Задачник для учеников учебных учреждений для выполнения домашних упражнений вы найдете на этом ресурсе http://megadumgdz.ru/ и с их помощью сможете правильно решить домашнее задание. Решебник по медицинской подготовке помогут получить отличную отметку и дадут возможность отлично окончить школу.
Reply to comment

Vines on July-24-17 6:47 PM
Решебник по фгос рабочая программа по русскому языку ладыженская баранов 7 класс для шестиклассников средних школ для выполнения домашних упражнений вы отыщите на этом портале http://gdzlive.ru/ и с их помощью сумеете выполнить домашнюю работу. На вот этом ресурсе представлен следующий ответ: гдз по русскому языку 7 класс 124 баранов; русский язык 7 класс гдз баранов ладыженская 2014; онлайн учебник русскому языку 7 класс баранов ладыженская тростенцова; тесты по истории россии 7 класс баранов; диктант предлог 7 класс баранов. Решебник по ответы к учебнику русского языка баранов 7 класс обеспечат хорошую оценку и окажут помощь отлично окончить четверть.
Reply to comment

Write My Essay Paper on August-12-17 7:52 PM
You constrain your body to continue running on fat instead of carbs and the body isn't expected. Your back will sting in light of the way that your kidneys are in overdrive endeavoring to filter through all the stuff in fat that your body needn't trouble with.
Reply to comment

Do My Homework For Money on August-24-17 8:13 PM
I ought to likewise remark that I consume remained step by step broadening the attention of my business by methods for selected mail-outs and leafleting. I am always deal with that question while attempting to controller my costs on different ways.
Reply to comment